SMore# now available in the Playstore

• The SMore# alternative app under Android has been published in the Playstore. It should be available to you under https://play.google.com/store/apps/det…ignid=web_share

It is still running as open beta, so you will need to sign up to the beta but you can do so right in the Playstore.

The current version is now V1.1 with the following changes since the last closed beta version:

- animation for charging now switching off when finished
    - single phase charging should show correct kW now
    - geocoding error (e.g., behind a proxy) should show "no address" now

The released beta has all commands working. Please do continue testing them and report back any issues or send improvement suggestions, either through the Playstore (private) feedback or through the forum.

I hope that the first stable version will be published soon. If you joined the beta, you can remain in the beta to continue new features early on or you leave the beta to enjoy the stable releases in the future.

Many thanks for the support so far!

Edited once, last by dot (June 21, 2024 at 8:01 PM).

• A new beta V1.1.1 is going to be live soon in the Playstore with the following changes:
    - Car switching after login supported by clicking on the car image in home tab
    - added help button in home tab with explanation for use
    - Fixed some translations
    - Added spaces between units and values, where possible
    - caught some more login failure cases
    - Charging animation should stop now properly

Please let me know if things work for you, specifically the car changes (since I only have one, curious to see if this works for those having more than one).

• Another beta V1.1.2 is available with the following changes:
    - changes to translations, units, spaces etc
    - UI fixes in climate and help texts
    - charging animation only comes when power larger zero
    - car selection on car image on long click only
    - small changes to car selection albeit not fully tested

I will unfortunately need to rest the car selection for now since I cannot test this properly. My car is still deleted from my account and Smart has not been able (or does not care) to repair the issue. So no car, no testing.

• A smaller V1.1.3 will go live soon with the following changes
    - show climate favourites with correct temperature unit now
    - locking/unlocking car now properly also shows boot locked/unlocked

Enjoy the update!

• A new beta V1.1.4 is going live soon with the following changes:
    - UI refinements
    - Switching off climate conditioning started from favorite switches off favorite button, too
    - reenabling a running favorite does not do anything now
    - swiping between tabs improved
    - moved odometer into trip statistics
    - for those who asked, added a 'send coffee' button in the About menu

The changes to the climate conditioning should work since I could not fully test since I still do not have access to my car.

• V1.1.5 is going live soon with the following updates:
    - values are now updated when climate has been set to see if the car executed the commands
    - after having selected a favourite, the climate can also be switched off by the (currently selected) favourite button
    - currently selected favourite button and climate button should remain enabled even when switching to other tabs and back
    - When car is not parked, it shows not 'driving' in dashboard

Unfortunately, I could not fully test the third change since I cannot send the actual command to the car due to my ongoing problems with my Smart account (from which my car was wrongfully deleted by Smart). Let me know if you encounter any problems with that item.

• The first public release V1.2 will be going live in the Playstore soon, after the initial beta testing phase.

There are a few more UI improvements and we hope that you will all enjoy the app.

Feedback is welcome, either via Playstore or email. Also reviews are appreciated!

For those of you, who are currently participating in the beta: you can decide to leave the Beta after updating to the public release. I will continue to offer Beta versions to test things (such as the future conditional climate control), but will generally provide improvements that should clearly work as a direct (i.e., non beta) update.

Edited once, last by dot: Added beta channel text (June 30, 2024 at 9:25 AM).

• Another update to V1.2.1 will soon be available with the following changes:
    - close About dialog now also through click on text in dialog
    - switching on favorite while another one is running shows message now to switch off conditioning first
    - showing now the What is New dialog with every update
    - added French translation (thanks to Frederic Clara)
    - handle the case where chargers terminate charging by pulling volt and ampere only to zero
    - internal code changes for future features

Unfortunately, I will need to halt the further development of SMore#. After Smart has damaged my product, the #1, I can no longer control my own car (celebrating my one year ownership anniversary with a car in guest mode).

This prevents me from suitably testing the next features, which are climate-focussed. Smart has not indicated to me that this damage caused through their IT system will be handled anytime soon. This is a shame but I do not want to release SMore# updates without proper testing them.

You will see new updates here whenever that will be possible again. Sorry for this!

• Unfortunately, I will need to halt the further development of SMore#. After Smart has damaged my product, the #1, I can no longer control my own car (celebrating my one year ownership anniversary with a car in guest mode).

This prevents me from suitably testing the next features, which are climate-focussed. Smart has not indicated to me that this damage caused through their IT system will be handled anytime soon. This is a shame but I do not want to release SMore# updates without proper testing them.

You will see new updates here whenever that will be possible again. Sorry for this!

Months ago they had lost a few ownerships. We could not see some cars in the account any more.

They had to associate the cars again to my account. We provided the VIN.

• Done that last week, then reset the car but the car jumps the activation since it's still associated to me. Provided videos, explained where in the REST interaction things fail, etc.

Smart is allegedly working on it but if one waits two weeks for a resolution, there's simply nobody really "working" on it. it's simply taking the piss, sorry. Shameful really.

• Good news: my car was decoupled from my car yesterday evening, aligning with the deadline given to Smart. I was able to activate the car today and also SMore# is working again for me after the data bases were synchronised.

I'll be using and testing the app over the long weekend, hoping to provide updates again next week - even though some new features require a bit more work (there was something about selecting favourites to be tested but the rest is new).

• ... remember: only what the Smart API gives us 😀 there are things I'd like to see that just aren't possible with the API.

Even the 1.4.0 Update has seen no noticable change in the reported values from the API. So any hopes to see, e.g. HV temperature or driving info, will need to wait. not even the trip data (which is sparse and incomplete right now) has changed.

What we can do is stuff atop those APIs, like conditional climate control. Whether that will work stable is to be seen and tested but it's worth a shot! That will take a bit more time though due to some internal changes and extensions needed for it.

• A new update 1.2.2 will soon be available in the Playstore with more startup checks to avoid a possible crash during starting. I hope this will work for those who experienced such crash(es).

• ...another V1.2.2 will be available in the Playstore, still trying to address the startup crash on some devices, also adding UI alignments and long press for seat/steering heating working again.

• V1.2.3 will be live soon in the Playstore with the following changes:
    - shortened climate control duration to 5s by default
    - set minimum API to Android 8
    - charging animation now to stop properly
    - more internal code changes to avoid crashes and prepare for new features

I hope that any crashes happening on some devices will be gone!

• V1.2.4 will be available in the Playstore soon:
    - removed geocoding crash in Android below 13
    - added crash handler, writing log file into Download directory when crashing
    - showing now 12V battery charging level, too

Apologies for the crash on Android 12 and lower, this has now been addressed. In cases of future app crashes, there will be a crash log in the Download directory, which you could send to me to review possible reasons for the crash.

• It's the value given. It used to be (at least in SmartOS 1.0.1) populated by the car but started being set to 0 with 1.3.2.

I left it in the list, hoping Smart may start showing it again. To be honest, i wish Smart populated proper trip1 vs trip2 statistics but it just does not. It's annoying, really, to not be able to show such simple info, possibly even logging it on the phone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Do you like smart EMOTION, maybe saved time and money with it?

Then support the site with a membership and get exclusive rights.

You can find out more about this here.