How to connect the brake assist to the wiring loom?

• Hi, my name is Michiel and made a short introduction in the appropriate section. I have a 'problem' with my 'smart'. The signs are there because it's not a problem, I broke it myself and it's not a Smart, it's a Smart powered van (in the making).

I cut out the parts of the wiring loom which I did not want to use and since I didn't want to use the brake assist (since I thought it was only for adaptive cruise control) I cut it out. They actually prevent the car to go to ready mode, I hear the relay's in the battery click and it's charging. But no green ready sign just the watch out for collision symbol. It's the 2 'radar' things and a button (which is not a button but a button like light). I'm trying to put it back in but do not remember (and forgot to make a photo) where I pulled the wires out of the (connector) and even which connector. It's 3 wires a pink one and a brown and blue which are twisted so they are side to side in a connector (I assume side to side). Is there anyone who has photo's of the connectors that go into the: display (mine is a monochrome by the way) in the lmm2-l2 box and the BCM T4 box, or a link to a picture?

It's kind of hard to find some wiring info about these actually common boxes. I did not make a photo of the display connector, but only the brown blue ones can fit there. For the other boxes, the pink one can only fit in the brown and the white connector, the brown blue ones in the grey and black connectors.

Thank you for reading about my stupid cutting and I hope someone can shed some light...

I attached pictures of the 2 boxes I mean (lmm2 and bcm).

• Hmm. That's a good question. I'll ask around a bit.

But what I'm thinking right now: Is there a way to code the car to not use the radar in the first place? Maybe via dt4all? US smart EQ don't have the radar to begin with. :/

smart BRABUS #1 in gelb, 04/2023; > 20.000 km

smart fortwo Coupé 451er ED 3,7 kW-Lader, 05/2013; > 280.000km (bei 250.000 km 22 kW nachgerüstet)

smart fortwo Cabrio 453er EQ 22 kW-Lader, 04/2021 - 08/2023; 42.000 km

smart fortwo Coupé 453er EQ 22 kW-Lader, 05/2018 - 05/2021; 109.000km

"Aus Gaspedal wird Spaßpedal"

- Smart

• Is the dt4all software available and will it work with the cable in the shop (or any other odb2 reader)? Because I’d like to program a lot out to be honest…

• Or I should be looking for a module from a us smart (or Zoe maybe) which does not have the radar. But usually these modules are programmed with the key.

• Is the dt4all software available and will it work with the cable in the shop (or any other odb2 reader)? Because I’d like to program a lot out to be honest…

It's freely available, yes.

Or I should be looking for a module from a us smart (or Zoe maybe) which does not have the radar. But usually these modules are programmed with the key.

Would also be an option, but you then would have to code the vin of the smart in to the new module. Should be possible and I assume I know somebody in Croatia, who could do that. But I'd guess you're better of with dt4all as it's the way more flexible solution.

smart fortwo Coupé 451er ED 3,7 kW-Lader, 05/2013; > 280.000km (bei 250.000 km 22 kW nachgerüstet)

- Smart

• Sadly no progress from my side. I've installed ddt4all and got a connection once when I selected a Twingo 3 and let the program search for the computer. But now the program just crashes.

But I've been reading about the tuning kit, does anyone know if this kit also alters the checklist the car does before showing the ready light? I was thinking about it since it alters the regenerative braking so maybe it programs out the radar check? It there anyway to know this, because buying the kit and have a problem solved and an increase in boost and regenation would be perfect.

• Or does anyone have the ddt4all correct ECU for the smart? Because I think the crashing started when I selected Zoe and let the program search for the ecu. A fresh install and a correct ecu would open new doors maybe.

• does anyone know if this kit also alters the checklist the car does before showing the ready light?

No, it won't.

- Smart

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrier Dich kostenlos und werde Teil der Community!

Du hast Fragen rund um smart und die Elektromobilität oder willst den Inhalt dieser Seite diskutieren?

Dann melde Dich noch heute hier im smart EMOTION Forum an. Die stetig wachsende Community diskutiert gerne fachkundig mit und teilt ihre Erfahrungen mit Dir. Außerdem spreche ich auch mit und unterstütze mit meinem Netzwerk und Fachwissen.