2018.5 EQ turn signal query

• Would anyone who has an EQ from second half 2018 answer this for me. I'm embarrassed to say I never looked, until they quit working.

1. Do your front turn signal lights stay on and blink off when turning, or stay off and blink when turning.
    2. Are they on when lights are on?
    3. Do they blink at same time as front side lights?
    4. Where the heck is the fuse box? I've looked around the glove box and under the dash on both sides and can't find it. The layouts for the 451 and early 453 don't seem to work.
    5. Do you have a fuse layout?

Thanks, Leslie

• Where the heck is the fuse box? I've looked around the glove box and under the dash on both sides and can't find it. The layouts for the 451 and early 453 don't seem to work.
    Do you have a fuse layout?

Here you go: Which fuse is for.. ? [ED4]

Do your front turn signal lights stay on and blink off when turning, or stay off and blink when turning.
    Are they on when lights are on?
    Do they blink at same time as front side lights?

I'm not sure if I understand these questions correctly. Why are you asking and what would you like to know?

smart BRABUS #1 in gelb, 04/2023; > 20.000 km

smart fortwo Coupé 451er ED 3,7 kW-Lader, 05/2013; > 280.000km (bei 250.000 km 22 kW nachgerüstet)

smart fortwo Cabrio 453er EQ 22 kW-Lader, 04/2021 - 08/2023; 42.000 km

smart fortwo Coupé 453er EQ 22 kW-Lader, 05/2018 - 05/2021; 109.000km

"Aus Gaspedal wird Spaßpedal"

- Smart

• Here you go: Which fuse is for.. ? [ED4]

I'm not sure if I understand these questions correctly. Why are you asking and what would you like to know?

Found the fuses, inside glove box with a tiny access cover which makes fuses impossible to actually get to. My front turn signals are dead. The bulb socket has no ground and no signal at all. This would lead one to surmise there's a blown fuse for the front although no such fuse exists as indeed there is no fuse for turn signals at all.. The absence of a ground almost seems to me a ground and signal connector which serves both sides? Where is that? Does the front clip need to come off? Or is it an electronic circuit instead of a conventional circuit? All I need is a diagram but no luck finding that, or a service manual.

• I'd go through all fuses and check. In the cover for the fuse box is a yellow thing that can be used to pull the fuses

smart BRABUS #1 in gelb, 04/2023; > 20.000 km

smart fortwo Coupé 451er ED 3,7 kW-Lader, 05/2013; > 280.000km (bei 250.000 km 22 kW nachgerüstet)

smart fortwo Cabrio 453er EQ 22 kW-Lader, 04/2021 - 08/2023; 42.000 km

smart fortwo Coupé 453er EQ 22 kW-Lader, 05/2018 - 05/2021; 109.000km

"Aus Gaspedal wird Spaßpedal"

- Smart

• Found the problem! The connector for the front bumper apparently came loose. Killed both turn signals. Hard to get to but peeling back the inner wheel well cover let me get to it.

The red circle in the image is the connector.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrier Dich kostenlos und werde Teil der Community!

Du hast Fragen rund um smart und die Elektromobilität oder willst den Inhalt dieser Seite diskutieren?

Dann melde Dich noch heute hier im smart EMOTION Forum an. Die stetig wachsende Community diskutiert gerne fachkundig mit und teilt ihre Erfahrungen mit Dir. Außerdem spreche ich auch mit und unterstütze mit meinem Netzwerk und Fachwissen.